Sheboygan County Food Bank’s Emergency Response
As the leader in Sheboygan County’s efforts to increase the food security of its residents, Sheboygan County Food Bank is dedicated to addressing the emergency food needs of our neighbors, especially in times of uncertainty. With the current State of Emergency, Sheboygan County Food Bank is closed to the public, but remaining open in service to our partners who serve seniors, families, and children throughout Sheboygan County.
Our primary focus is to safely deliver targeted emergency food within the community to well-equipped food pantries, shelters, low-income senior housing sites, schools, and other organizations. This includes:
- Continuing to distribute requested food orders to partner food pantries and other partner organizations.
- Continuing to deliver Food for Thought (weekend food backpack program for children) bags for 400 students at grab-n-go school meal sites.
- Continuing to deliver Stockboxes to low-income senior housing sites.
- Distributing extra support to partner organizations by providing prepackaged emergency food boxes, which contain a weekly supply of fresh produce, dairy products, meat products, and non-perishable food as well as personal care items for a family of four.
- Launching and coordinating Sheboygan Cares Drive-Thru Food Pantry to directly distribute extra support to Sheboygan County residents.
- Partnering with Love INC to distribute prepackaged emergency food boxes to our homebound neighbors.
We are also committed to offering best practice guidance to food pantry coordinators to help them safely adjust their operations and distribution methods in order to best protect their volunteers and clients. At this time, ALL food pantries are staying open and have transitioned to handing out prepackaged food boxes and bags using a drive-thru method, or pick-up approach, while wearing personal protective gear.
Sheboygan County Food Bank is continuing its regular food banking operations, providing access to free food for the those in need by safely distributing purchased food with the help of generous cash gifts from the community. We are a private, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that relies on private donations and grants to feed hungry people in Sheboygan County. Read more about why we launched our Sheboygan County Hunger Relief Food Fund and click the image below if you would like to donate now.
Sheboygan County Food Bank is a critical part of the public health community and we are committed to serving people who need food. Below is a running list of our updates and press releases in this evolving situation.
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Launches Sheboygan Cares Drive-Thru Food Pantry – May 28, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Asking for Cash Donations in Place of Second-Largest Annual Food Drive – May 9, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Announces $30,000 Fundraising Match – April 29, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Asks Community for Donations to Support Residents Affected by COVID-19 – April 9, 2020
- Sheboygan County Food Bank Announces COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and Criteria – March 23, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Launches Sheboygan County Hunger Relief Food Fund – March 20, 2020
- Sheboygan County Food Bank Closed to Public, Food Pantries Modify Distribution Method, and Volunteer Needs Increase – March 18, 2020
- A Message from Sheboygan County Food Bank About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – March 16, 2020