Sheboygan County Food Bank is dedicated to addressing the emergency food needs of Sheboygan County residents. In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, many more of our neighbors have become dependent on emergency food distribution services coordinated by our network of partner agencies. Sheboygan County Food Bank is closed to the public, but remaining open in service to our partners who serve seniors, families, and children throughout Sheboygan County.
Our primary focus is to safely deliver targeted emergency food within the community to well-equipped food pantries, shelters, low-income senior housing sites, schools, and other organizations, while expanding programs as necessary to ensure no one in Sheboygan County goes hungry. This includes:
- Continuing to distribute healthy emergency food as well as personal care items to our 16 partner food pantries and other partner agencies.
- Continuing to support students through Food for Thought (weekend food backpack program for children) at schools.
- Continuing to deliver Stockboxes to qualifying seniors in Sheboygan County. Each box contains 16 nutritious items including rice, cereal, juice, beef stew, pasta and vegetables.
- Partnering with Love INC to distribute prepackaged emergency food boxes to our homebound neighbors.
- Distributing Farmers to Families Food Boxes through the USDA’s Coronavirus Food Assistance Program. These boxes include 25 pounds of various fresh products, such as produce, meats, and dairy products.
- Launching and coordinating Sheboygan Cares Drive-Thru Food Pantry to directly distribute Farmers to Families Food Boxes and other extra support.
We are also committed to offering best practice guidance to food pantry coordinators to help them safely adjust their operations and distribution methods in order to best protect their volunteers and clients. At this time, ALL food pantries are staying open and have transitioned to handing out prepackaged food boxes and bags using a drive-thru method, or pick-up approach, while wearing personal protective gear.
Sheboygan County Food Bank is a critical part of the public health community and we are committed to serving people who need food. Below is a running list of our updates and press releases in this evolving situation.
- Press Release – Holiday Lights Hunger Run/Walk Postponed to November 2021 – September 1, 2020
- Press Release – Hunger Ball of Sheboygan County Board of Directors Matching up to $15,000 – August 18, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Launches Sheboygan Cares Drive-Thru Food Pantry – May 28, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Asking for Cash Donations in Place of Second-Largest Annual Food Drive – May 9, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Announces $30,000 Fundraising Match – April 29, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Asks Community for Donations to Support Residents Affected by COVID-19 – April 9, 2020
- Sheboygan County Food Bank Announces COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and Criteria – March 23, 2020
- Press Release – Sheboygan County Food Bank Launches Sheboygan County Hunger Relief Food Fund – March 20, 2020
- Sheboygan County Food Bank Closed to Public, Food Pantries Modify Distribution Method, and Volunteer Needs Increase – March 18, 2020
- A Message from Sheboygan County Food Bank About COVID-19 (Coronavirus) – March 16, 2020